WE Day, an international series of inspiring stadium-sized events, announces the initial list of speakers, performers and presenters attending WE Day California on April 27, 2017 at The â€œFabulousâ€ Forum. Together with National Co-Title Sponsors The Allstate Foundation and Unilever, alongside other partners, WE Day California brings together 16,000 local change-makers, inspirational speakers and world-renowned performers to celebrate their commitment to taking action on social issues.
Hosted by Selena Gomez, a cast of new faces and returning WE Day favorites will take the stage this year, including Alicia Keys, Demi Lovato, Bryan Cranston, DJ Khaled, Miss Piggy along with other Muppets, Alessia Cara, Josh Gad, Lilly Singh, Earvin â€œMagicâ€ Johnson, Tyrese Gibson, Lily Collins, Shay Mitchell, Winnie Harlow, Angie Martinez, Emeli SandÃ©, Laila Ali, Lizzie Velasquez, USC Head Coach Clay Helton, Celebrity Marauders, Spencer West and more. This star-studded lineup will join international activists and WE co-founders, Craig and Marc Kielburger, to share their passion for change and energize the crowd with unforgettable performances and motivational speeches to inspire another year of action.
â€œMy first WE Day experience was 3 years ago and to say I was impressed is an understatement,â€ said actress, multi-platinum recording artist and UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador and host of WE Day California, Selena Gomez. â€œThe electricity of an arena full of thousands of young people who are making real change in the world is like nothing Iâ€™ve ever experienced. I am grateful to be a part of such a supportive community and hope I can inspire the kids at WE Day just as they continue to inspire me.â€œ
â€œIâ€™m honored to be part of WE Dayâ€”a family of people that arenâ€™t afraid to work hard to create real change in the world,â€ said award-winning singer, songwriter, pianist, activist and actress, Alicia Keys. â€œBy pushing themselves and others to find their inner voice, young people at WE Day are finding a collective strength, realizing that together We have the power to make a difference. This is the dream realized!!â€
“On WE Day, moi gets to be a role model and meet all of the incredibly strong, smart and dedicated youth who are changing the world. Itâ€™s a chance for us to come together, celebrate their accomplishments, inspire others…and, of course, pose for selfies,â€ said Miss Piggy.
More than a one-day event, WE Day is connected to the free, yearlong educational program WE Schools. Providing schools and community groups with curriculum, educational resources and action campaigns, this program is designed to enhance a schoolâ€™s existing social initiatives or spark new ones. WE Schools encourages students to further their curricular learning, develop life skills for success beyond the classroom and become change-makers.
â€œWE Day celebrates the amazing young people who have taken action at home and around the world, to create sustainable change for a better tomorrow,â€ said Craig Kielburger, co-founder of WE. â€œStanding in a stadium full of passionate youth will affirm your belief that real change can happenâ€”and is happening every single day right here in California. This past school year more than 875 California schools in the WE Schools program made an incredible impact in their own backyards and in communities around the world through their commitment and passion for change.â€
In the 2015/2016 school year, schools and groups across the state improved their communities through WE Schools, volunteering more than 600,000 hours and raising over $825,000 in support of 615 local and global causes such as hunger, homelessness, bullying, clean water, education and literacy. Making WE Day a true community celebration of youth taking action, young people will join the celebrity lineup onstage to tell their own inspiring personal stories. One such youth is 11-year-old Ezra Frech. Born missing his left fibula and left knee as well as four fingers on his left hand, Ezra is an accomplished athlete, motivational speaker, and Co-Founder of Los Angeles-based non-profit @AngelCitySports, an organization that provides children and adults with physical disabilities the opportunity to play sports. Ezra is just one of the many young people who will share their story to motivate their WE Day peers.
You canâ€™t buy a ticket to WE Dayâ€”students from across the country earn their way by the actions they take on one local and one global cause of their choice. WE Day is free of charge to students and teachers, thanks to the generous support of National Co-Title Sponsors The Allstate Foundation and Unilever. The Allstate Foundation believes good starts young, and is committed to empowering Americaâ€™s youth with the strength, confidence and leadership skills to step us as leaders and achieve success in their lives. Unilever is committed to creating a bright future for tomorrowâ€™s leaders by encouraging everyone to take small steps toward making sustainable living commonplace.
The initial list of WE Day California speakers, performers and presenters, in alphabetical order, announced to date includes:
- Laila Ali (@TheRealLailaAli) â€“ TV Host, Wellness & Fitness Expert, Author & Boxing Four-Time World Champion
- Madison Beer (@madisonbeer) â€“ Singer
- Alessia Cara (@alessiacara) â€“ Award winning singer and songwriter
- Sofia Carson (@SofiaCarson) â€“ Singer and Actress
- Monique Coleman (@gimmemotalk) â€“ Actress, global youth advocate
- Lily Collins (@lilyjcollins) â€“ Golden Globe nominated actress and author
- Bryan Cranston â€“ Award-winning actor, writer, director, producer and New York Times bestselling author
- Auliâ€™i Cravalho (@auliicravalho) â€“ Star of Disney’s Moana
- Maia Dua â€“ Social Entrepreneur and winner of Marvel Studioâ€™s Girls Reforming the Future Challenge
- Easton LaChappelle (@EastonLaChappel) â€“ Founder of Unlimited Tomorrow and Social Entrepreneur
- Forever In Your Mind (@OfficialFIYM) â€“ Pop band made up of Liam Attridge, Ricky Garcia and Emery Kelly
- Ezra Frech (@TeamEzra05)â€“Â 11-year-old Athlete, Disability Rights Advocate, Motivational Speaker, Co-Founder of @AngelCitySports
- Josh Gad â€“ Actor and Entertainer
- Tyrese Gibson (@Tyrese) â€“ Six-time GRAMMYÂ® nominee, author, producer, philanthropist and internationally renowned film star
- Selena Gomez (@selenagomez) â€“ Actress, multi-platinum recording artist and UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador and host of WE Day California
- Brian Grazer (@BrianGrazer) â€“ Academy Award and Emmy Award winning producer and New York Times bestselling author
- Winnie Harlow (@winnieharlow) â€“ International model and activist
- Clay Helton (@USCCoachHelton) â€“ USC Football Head Coach
- Jack & Jack (@JackAndJack) â€“ Hit singer-songwriter duo Jack Johnson and Jack Gilinsky
- Earvin â€œMagicâ€ Johnson (@MagicJohnson) â€“ President of Basketball Operations for the Los Angeles Lakers, NBA legend, two-time Hall-of-Famer, entrepreneur and philanthropist
- Alicia Keys (@aliciakeys) â€“ Award-winning singer, songwriter, pianist, activist and actress
- Craig and Marc Kielburger (@craigkielburger) â€“ International activists and co-founders of WE
- Demi Lovato (@ddlovato) â€“ Multi platinum and Grammy nominated sing, songwriter, and philanthropist
- DJ Khaled (@djkhaled) â€“ Award-winning record producer, radio personality, DJ, record label executive and NY TIMES bestselling author
- Celebrity Marauders â€“ International DJ collective including Kardinal Offishall, Cipha Sounds, DJ Starting From Scratch and Dready
- Angie Martinez(@angiemartinez) â€“ Multimedia icon, radio & TV host, New York Times Best Selling author and philanthropist
- Shay Mitchell (@shaym) â€“ Actress, entrepreneur and author
- Miss Piggy along with other Muppets
- Nico & Vinz (@NicoandVinz) â€“ Musical duo, Nico Seraba and Vinz Dery
- Mpumi Nobiva (@mpumi_nobiva) â€“ Global empowerment & motivational speaker
- Emeli SandÃ© (@emilesande) â€“ Recording artist and songwriter
- Donovan Smith (@toilandtroubleu) â€“ Founder of Toil and Trouble Bath, Social Entrepreneur
- Lilly Singh (@IISuperwomanII) â€“ Entertainer
- JoJo Siwa (@itsjojosiwa) â€“ Dancer, singer, actress and YouTuber
- STOMP â€“ The international sensation; a dance, music and theatrical performance blended together in one electrifying rhythm
- Lizzie Velasquez â€“ Global motivational speaker, anti-bullying activist, social media personality, author, & host of Unzipped with Lizzie Velasquez
- Spencer West (@spencer2thewest) â€“ ME to WE motivational speaker, WE ambassador and author
- Wilson & Jackson â€“ The Last MaasaiÂ Warriors
- Maayan Ziv â€“ Activist, photographer and entrepreneur
WE Day is supported by Co-Chairs Stephanie Argyros, President and CEO, Argyros Group; Stephanie Swedlove and Jeff Skoll, Founder and Chairman, Participant Media and Chairman of the Skoll Foundation; Mike Cahill, Executive Vice President, General Counsel, City National Bank and Earvin â€œMagicâ€ Johnson, President of Basketball Operations, Los Angeles Lakers.
Anyone can find his or her place with WE and commit to making a change in the world. The first step is to take the WE Pledge at WE.org. By taking the pledge, participants are joining the WE Community and making a commitment to live WE every day. For every pledge taken on WE.org, $10 will be donated to local and global programs.