The 8th film in the Fast and Furious franchise will arrive to theaters across the nation tonight. So, let’s break down what we know about the furious crew and the trailer.
1. All you need is a 10sec car: The Fast and Furious franchise initially started as a street racing movie, where the main characters did side “jobs” to pay for the upkeep of their cars. Since then it has turned into more of an adrenaline/heist films with cars.
2. The stunts will be bigger than all before: No, job can be done without a plan in motion. And in the world of the fast and furious, those plans always include some elaborate car stunt. With every movie, the number of stunts involving cars has not necessary gone up, but they have gotten more elaborate than the previous. It first began with speeding down a street just as a train was about to go across, then there was driving the car onto a moving boat, drifting on the streets and mountains of Tokyo, driving under a fire-gas tank as to it hurtle towards a cliff, racing through tunnels across the Mexican border, taking down a tank on a freeway and lastly, bringing down a cargo plan as its trying to take off…did we miss anything?
3. The secret is family: While some have been together since the first movie and others have joined as the franchise progressed. One thing that has made this unit of individuals so successful in their missions; to the point that even the US government has given a nod of amazement. Is that want binds them together isn’t mutual interest, but family loyalty. Plus, it doesn’t hurt that each one of these family members brings a set of skills to the table…military skills, FBI skills, computer skills, street knowledge skills. The talents are endless.
4. Ride or Die: Dom is not the first one to have turned his back on the family. Back in Fast and Furious 6, Letty was working for Owen Shaw; the man Hobbs hired Dom and his team to bring down. In her defense, she was suffering from memory loss after surviving the car explosion that had everyone believing she died back in Fast and Furious. While memory loss does not seem to be the case this time around. If the past films have showed us anything, is that this family does not give up on one of their own…not without a fight.
5. Bullets are not match to iron fists: Well, we don’t how many bullets will be going around this time. But when you have Diesel, Johnson, and Statham all in one movie…yeah, there will most definitely be some punches…and bodies flying around.
6. The Fate of the Furious…: Does this signal the end of the franchise? Most likely not, since Vin Diesel already promised his Instagram followers at least two more film installments; FF9 on April 19, 2019 and FF10 on April 2, 2021.
Now, that’s what we know for sure. What we don’t know is A) What could cause Dom to turn on his family? B) Will the mission be to get him back or stop him? And C) Will the actions of one, change the course for all?
Guess, we will have to wait until Friday to find out what their fate will be. The Fate of the Furious races into theaters with the first showing this evening.